Russell Racquet Club Clubhouse
Situated on five acres of woodlands
RRC is privately owned and operated as a tennis club in Charlotte. We are conveniently located ten minutes from South Park, 15 minutes from Ballantyne and 20 minutes from uptown. We offer a variety of tennis programs and activities for the beginner to the more advanced tournament player.
benefits of soft courts
- 82% of the world's best tennis players grew up on clay courts.
- Gentler surface. You are able to play more regularly without being sore the next day.
- Longevity, you are able to play into your later life years
- Seven times less likely to be injured
- HAR-TRU surface: Made from billion year old, pre-Cambrian metabasalt found in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. It is naturally occuring green stone that is hard and angular. The angularity helps the particles lock together to form a stable playing surface. The hardness means exceptional durability. The stone is crushed, screened and mixed in precise proportions to produce a stable playing surface. It is then installed over a porous base of crushed stone aggregate.